White spots on teeth are caused by too much acid and sugar, dental fluorosis, poor dental hygiene, and enamel hypoplasia.
Treatments for white spots on teeth:
- Teeth bleaching using OTC products or professional whitening by the dentist.
- Enamel microabrasion, where the dentist removes parts of the enamel.
- Getting dental veneers to cover the spots.
- Applying composite resin or topical fluoride.
To prevent white spots:
- Babies should drink fluoride-free water.
- Minimise sugary and acidic foods.
Visit the dentist to have your white spots removed or covered.
Read more here: